Patna: Flood Relief Cells have been constituted by District Magistrate, Patna Dr. Chandrashekhar Singh on Friday, 13th May to ensure that the complete preparation for possible floods is error free. All these cells will expeditiously execute flood relief and relief works in view of possible floods. DM Dr. Singh said that flood relief and assistance is very important work. For this, there is a need for inter-departmental coordination, vigilance and alertness. DM Dr. Chandrashekhar Singh said that there is a need to pay special attention to the preparations before the floods. He directed all the officials to ensure compliance of standard operating procedure for flood disaster management in letter and spirit.
DM Dr. Chandrashekhar Singh has constituted the following cells in view of the contingency for providing relief to the families affected by the disaster in possible floods and for timely execution of other works-
- Finance Rate Fixation and Prospecting Cell – Deputy Development Commissioner has been made the senior officer of this cell. The main function of this cell is to determine the rate of essential food items and other items under SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) as per requirement in case of emergency.
- Material Supply and Storage Cell – The senior officer of this cell has been made in-charge Director, National Planning Program, Patna. The main function of this cell is to receive the supplied material from local level and different district, store the received material and maintain the register and ensure regular supply.
- Packing and Issue Cell – The senior officer of this cell has been made Additional District Magistrate, Supply, Patna. The main function of this cell is to receive material from the storage cell, prepare packets according to the prescribed quantity of materials in the light of instructions and issue ready packets.
- Receiving material from non-government, institutions and other sources – Cell, the senior officer of this cell has been made Special Officer, Division, Patna. The work of this cell is to get the materials received from non-government institutions / other sources after quality checking.
- Airport Coordination Cell – The senior officer of this cell has been made Additional Collector, Patna. The task of this cell is to get relief material from the identified material packaging site, SK Memorial Hall etc., and load the material from trucks/vehicles on the helicopter.
- Transport Cell – Additional Collector, Patna, has been made the senior officer of this cell. The work of this cell is to arrange for trucks and small vehicles to bring and carry relief material and to arrange vehicles for the crew members.
- Protocol / Media Cell – The senior officer of this cell has been made Additional District Magistrate, General, Patna. The work of this cell is to arrange for accommodation/food (except intoxicants) of crew members, to make arrangements for the accommodation of officials/representatives from other districts, to provide information to the media and to establish District Information Center at District Control Room, Patna.
- Law and Order Cell – This cell will work under the chairmanship of Additional District Magistrate, Law and Order and a Deputy Superintendent of Police PCR, Patna will be with his entire team in his support. The work of this cell is to depute the magistrate/security force for maintenance of law and order at SK Memorial Hall/State Hangar.
9. Report Cell- Additional Collector, Special Program, Patna, has been made the senior officer of this cell. The work of this cell is to prepare daily reports related to the receipt and issue of relief material and to assist the Disaster Management Branch in maintaining the file/register.
- Human Medicine / Veterinary and Animal Feed Cell – Civil Surgeon, Patna and District Animal Husbandry Officer, Patna will exchange information related to the availability of human medical system, veterinary system and animal feed at the sub-division level / block level.
- Relief Center Cell – The senior officer of this cell has been made Additional District Magistrate, General, Patna. The work of this cell is to get the report related to the arrangement of relief centers in all the sub-division blocks, to inform about the information related to the arrangements received from all the relief centers and to make up the shortfall at the relief centers as per the requirement to the senior officer of the concerned cell. Have to do
DM Dr. Singh has fixed the responsibilities of the cells by associating other office bearers with these cells. He has also called upon the general public to provide full cooperation in the event of disaster.