HomeInternational'Exceptional concern' expressed over scheduling of Noah Donohoe inquest - The Irish...
- Advertisment -

‘Exceptional concern’ expressed over scheduling of Noah Donohoe inquest – The Irish Times OCN News

- Advertisment -

‘Exceptional concern’ has been expressed over the timing of an inquest into the death of Belfast schoolboy Noah Donohoe.

The inquest is set to take three weeks from November 28 to look into the death of the 14-year-old who disappeared for six days before being found dead in a city storm drain in June 2020.

He disappeared while cycling from his home in south Belfast to meet friends across the city.

Police have ruled out foul play.

Noah’s mother, Fiona Donohoe, is leading a campaign demanding answers to questions surrounding her son’s mysterious disappearance and death.

Brenda Campbell KC, on behalf of the family, told a pre-inquest review hearing a number of issues she wanted to raise, including time allotted and submissions around a jury.

She was speaking as Friday’s remote hearing had to be cut short due to technical difficulties.

“We don’t want to lose our momentum,” she said.

“We are exceptionally concerned about the date of the investigation, the amount of work that needs to be done and the need for time allocated to the investigation, and these are all issues we wanted to raise today.”

Earlier this month High Court judge Mr Justice Michael Humphreys, who is Northern Ireland’s presiding coroner, upheld a police request to withhold sensitive material from an inquest into the death of the schoolboy.

He said releasing the information would create a real risk to the public interest, but insisted that none of the material subject to the service’s controversial public interest immunity (PII) claim Northern Ireland Police is only of “central relevance” to the issues the planned inquiry would explore. .

Another date is to be set for the pre-inquiry review hearing.—PA

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular